Have you always wanted to try Facebook advertising but aren’t sure you want risk your limited marketing budget on a new vehicle? Need a few tips to get you started? Then read on.
First of all, if you use American Express then you undoubtedly rack up membership rewards. Now you can use them to pay for Facebook Ads.
American Express is tapping into a trend. The company’s research reveals that 35 percent of entrepreneurs are using Facebook to promote their business to new customers. That’s up from 27 percent six months ago. What’s more, Facebook is the most popular social media site for small business owners.
If you want to cash in on the deal, here’s how it works: Cardmembers can redeem Membership Rewards points for Facebook Ads in three steps either on Facebook.com/Open or membershiprewards.com.
1. Log in and Choose Your Amount: Access your Membership Rewards account and choose Facebook Ads denomination
2. Get Your Code: American Express sends unique Facebook redemption code via e-mail
3. Load Your Account: Create your ad and enter your Membership Rewards redemption code to pay.
Now, all you need is a few tips for launching Facebook ads:
- Write a catch title. You only get 25 characters so think creatively.
- Enter your URL. When people click on the ad, that’s where they will land.
- Write a snappy message. You get 135 characters (a few less than Twitter).
- Target your ad: Think about your core audience and use keywords that would likely relate to their profile.
- Optimize your bidding: Facebook will suggest a bidding rate. You can get a good number of impressions for less than half of what they suggest.
For more Facebook ad tips, watch this YouTube video: